Friday, February 7, 2014

A Glance Back - Old Charcoal Pieces

Hey Guys,


I thought this was a cool what I stumbled upon, so I wanted to share.


Like my entry 'Struggles in Confidence' had suggested to readers - if you are hitting your lows and aren't feeling good about your art, go take a look back at your old work. Instead of looking at others amazing works of art which will only make you feel worse about yourself in this bluesy stage, I suggested others look at their own work. Take a minute and do a reflection of your own growth - because we never give ourselves enough credit.




As some would pick up from my drawing challenge posts - its been a decent amount of time since I last drew/sketched with charcoal. In fact it's been a while since I did portraits. I never should have stopped. I was great at it! And by great I mean - I was definitely on the road to making AMAZING things. I still am. I've found the road again and I'm ready.



But in my bluesy stage I kept telling myself "Man, I can't draw. I can't draw people". I'm here to tell you that is #Bullshit (I found hashtags ironically funny - get used to it). I'm so happy I looked back at my work and found what I did because I surprised myself. It's funny how in the moment of creating art we believe its horrible and now I'm ridiculously happy and surprised that I CREATED this images.




So I thought I'd share....from a guy who thought he couldn't draw people.




Most of these are 30 min sketches to 2 hour drawings, not more than that.




























No comments:

Post a Comment